Ni hao zhong guo! Arriving in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Olympic Park
July 14th 2014
Published: July 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The journey to Beijing was very tiring but also exciting. There was plenty movies to watch and free drinks and food too. The stop in Dubai airport was also exciting as the airport was filled with shops. We arrived in Beijing late at night and met our guide Jack, we then got the bus to the hotel at the Olympic Park and got a very well deserved sleep!

In the morning we had breakfast which was different to what we would normally have as it was mostly rice, noodles and vegetables. We then got the bus to the university for a lecture about the history and culture of China and after we went to a restaurant famous for its Peking duck. That was very delicious 😊

We went to Hanban headquarters after lunch and we saw an exhibition of Chinese culture and took part in various activities. Afterwards we visited Beijing Zoo and saw many animals and most excitingly the pandas. We had a chance to buy souvenirs and many locals asked for pictures with us. We ended the day with a delicious (and spicy!) meal in a Muslim restaurant and enjoyed performances of west chinese dancing while sharing a meal on a huge round spinning table. The first day was overwhelming but at the same time very exciting and made us look forward to the rest of our trip.

By Jenna Neil and Neve Mawdsley from the Edinburgh Hub.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



20th July 2014
Day 1 (22)

More Please
Really enjoying the blog and the pictures but want to hear more please!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb