Business & Pleasure


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Haidian district
March 14th 2010
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Night train to Xi’an, full of hustle and bustle and I don’t know how we would have ended up in the right bunks without our Chinese support team - but slept amazingly well, until the Chinese muzac at 6.30am. 4* hotel - what luxury - had to make the most of the last bath I will see in a long time! Then off to meet the Terracotta Warriors, yes all of them, and there are thousands, a stunning sight. Stopped off at the hot springs which we would dearly have liked to dip into - it was very cold and raining at this point. This was home to history ancient and modern. The Emperors used this summer palace and there is a legend of the most beautiful woman in China who of course caused all kinds of trouble. And bullet holes in the walls from pre- revolution when different factions were fighting for control before the establishment of the People’s Republic. In fact Xi’an is more central and made a strong claim to be capital but lost out to Beijing.

The conference was a hoot! Met all the VSO volunteers from around China and a lot of their partner organisations. Despite some very long speeches and seminars we also had fun with a closing party where everyone was so keen to grab the microphone and sing or speak and we ended up with Scottish country dancing - bizarre! I have had more photographs taken in the last 3 weeks than the last 30 years - now I know how Kate Moss feels!

More snow here and I know you are now enjoying spring. Will tell you about my apartment in the next episode but be prepared it's not very pretty.............

G




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

the most beautiful woman in Chinathe most beautiful woman in China
the most beautiful woman in China

by the way she's the one in white


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb