1st month in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Haidian district
October 15th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

some assorted pics from daily life in the first month...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

my roommy room
my room

this is where i live
the boonies of beijingthe boonies of beijing
the boonies of beijing

this is from my window at night. it's way up in the NW corner of the city...takes me about 1 hr on the subway to get downtown.
798 art district798 art district
798 art district

this is at an up-and-coming art district in beijing, where a bunch of abandoned factories have been transformed into galleries. this one shows the simple exercise machines that are are placed in every apartment complex, except these have shiny pieces of fruit next to them, all inside a cage. interpret political criticism as you will...
my favorite at 798...my favorite at 798...
my favorite at 798...

welded metal sculptures, all depicting a little character with wings and a bunch of bizarre animals, standing on a heap of wreckage. all the sculptures are burned and disfigured, making the whole thing very post-apocalyptic petit prince.
evening in the streetevening in the street
evening in the street

this is only a semi-smoggy day, about 6 p.m. on the worst days, it makes me feel like i live in the future: the sun shines no brighter than the moon, and everything is obscured in an orange-grey smog.
Tsinghua UniversityTsinghua University
Tsinghua University

this is one of the prettier spots in my campus, which is the biggest one in china. it takes about 30 mins to walk one end to the other.
old chap fishing on campusold chap fishing on campus
old chap fishing on campus

i'm not sure there's anything worth catching in there...but maybe just a hobby.
waiting by the rail tracks at nightwaiting by the rail tracks at night
waiting by the rail tracks at night

this is on my way home. sometimes gotta wait for the train to pass.


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb