Day 12 - July 17 - Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Haidian district
July 17th 2019
Published: July 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It rained last night so we woke up to cool weather this morning. While some of the kids did tai chi, I walked about 4 miles around the streets of Beijing. I would say I was alone but there is always someone around.

The kids have one more day of language class, tai chi, then a pass or fail test. They will receive an official certificate for their hard work in class.

I will post more tonight after we go to hotpot!

After the last day of class we met downstairs in the lobby to go to Hai Di Lao Hotpot restaurant. It is a famous hotpot known for service cleanliness and food. One of the specialties is noodles. It was about a mile walk to the restaurant. Besides beef, pork, and mutton, we had mushrooms and various vegetables to throw in the boiling water to cook. One spicy side and the other a ketchup based broth.

It was also Halle from BTW’s birthday so we bought a cake and we all sang happy birthday. We had a great time and made the one mile trek home.

Tomorrow we are going to the Temple or Heaven, the Olympic Square and 798 Art Zone in Beijing. Should be fun.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb