Back in civilization: a shower, dinner, massage and a bed


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
October 7th 2013
Published: October 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Beijing



After checking in at the hotel, which has an English speaking staff member very helpful who gave us two codes for wifi, we went to our room and Chilax, took a warm and long shower ( actually it wasn't warm and we had to turn on the sink water so that the hot water would turn on. After about 10 minutes it finally got hot so we could shower. Cleaned and rested we headed out to get some good and real food. We settled for the Hines restaurant of the hotel and ate our favorite honest dishes: dou jiao, jiao zi, some stir fried garlic chicken and what I thought was delicious fried pumpkin. Everything was good except for he pumpkin fries and there were a lot of them, and I felt bad about not eating them so I kind of felt I had to eat at least half. Dinner eaten we went to get a massage. Beijing massage places tend to be expensive ( 120. - 300 rmb for an hour body massage compared to Kaifaqu's 60-100 rmb) so we walked and stopped at several massage places but they were all super expensive. When we were about to call it a night we saw one more massage place and he price was eve more expensive so we turned it down but he staff at he place grabbed my arm and asked me for a price. I said 100 each and hey agreed ( I guess they had a low day). We relaxed and enjoyed a body massage after a long 6 day hiking and camping trip and then headed to our hotel. We ate some ice cream along the way and at the hotel room we fell asleep right away.

We woke up at 8 AM and showered ( 2 showers in less then 24 hours) and get ready to leave for the airport. We took the free shuttle and got to the airport with a lot of time so we checked in and he decided to eat an early lunch at Pizza Hut . We were ready to check in and pass security check and go to the gate. Our flight left on time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb