beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
November 13th 2006
Published: November 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

afternoon readers,


just found out Reading beat the yids last night so thats fine by me.

In actual fact we are in Tokyo but were unable to get connected in Beijing.

Our hotel was two things

1. a fantastic 5 star jobbie with a fantastic restaraunt and all the bells and whistles.

2. miles from the center of the city bearing in mind its the size of Belgium apparently.

Anyway we saw the forbidden city ( which Dionne liked but I thought was boring and expressed that one to many times!) and Tianaman square which was a big fuck off lump of concrete that the odd dictator likes to drive round.

We did an organised tour to see the summer palace and panda bears and something else which I:ve forgotten.

We also did a trip up to see the great wall which does do what it says on the packet.

We did it the lazy way by getting a cable car up and a tobbogan down... yes I kid you not.

Every day so far on this trip has been sunny. Beijing was cold (about 14 degrees)

We will try to upload some piccies, I want to upload more of HK with another blog at some point.

I will not discuss Tokyo yet except that in the center of techno city you cant get internet with a usb port. No internet cafes either and no signal on our phone.

So with that in mind the piccies may or may not work.

When we do find somewhere that i can properly blog I will!!

M and D

Advertisement



13th November 2006

conspiracy theory
Matt got the job at Shepperton Studios and this is all being acted out on a back lot where he is in hiding with Dee?....... The're probably even sneaking out to Christmas shop at John Lewis's.... Another thing anyone who can spell the Majik Stadium should do scrabble. Sue must be in Pinewood Studios........sky diving.....pull the other one!!! Even if the conspiracy were true we are all still jealous, and the photo's, ALL THREE OF THEM, were nice. Our lives are still the same mundane ritual, but remember, when you travelogs are back we will go on holiday and get our own back. Keep safe, enjoy everything and keep on blogging.
19th December 2006

Anonymous
Who is your anonymous commenter - he/she is very funny ..... ?!?! Keep it up, Anny-mouse!

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb