China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
August 5th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys! Finally managed to find an internet cafe in Shanghai with a decent internet connection. We're having a great time so far. The flight to Beijing was brilliant.... we were upgraded so I made the most of it and slept all the way on their reclining beds! Mamiji you will be proud of me- I managed to wake up in time for dinner and breakfast!

Day 1 in Beijing- The fun begins
So it's pouring with rain when we leave the airport to get to our hotel and we decide to get the metro to (what we thought was) a nearby station called Dongsi.

1 hour later...... still raining

3 hours later...... still raining (a bit worried)

4 hours later...... still raining but it's ok, we've still got the Blackber.... no, wait, it just died. Uh oh.

5 hours and a million wrong turns later...... Brainwave! Jas has phoned the hotel, he's getting them to speak to a bookstore worker that he's found.

5 hours and 10 minutes later....... RESULT!!! The bookstore worker is going to give us a lift. We just need to wait here for 1 minute.....

5 hours and 11minutes
A delicacy in ChinaA delicacy in ChinaA delicacy in China

Tastes like.....salty popcorn
later...... and we're now standing next to a bookstore owner...... on a bike.... HOLDING A TANDEM!!!

So that sums up our first day in Beijing guys..... it can only get better from here!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Night market in BeijingNight market in Beijing
Night market in Beijing

U-WAN DEE-WEE-DEE??


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb