Weekend in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
June 5th 2011
Published: June 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We flew into Beijing on Saturday morning! This post is gonna be real short, cause I'm so tired!

Saturday: Arrived at hotel around lunchtime, then had lunch on the 20th floor of the hotel at a dumb, way over-priced Italian restaurant. Most of our group was tired of Chinese food. Silly. Expensive Italian food in Beijing? Don't do it. However, we did have an excellent view of Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City!

After lunch, we walked to The Forbidden City and walked around it for a while. My freshman RA, Dale, from Cedarville met me at the entrance and we walked around together for the afternoon. He has been in Beijing for about 9 months to teach English through Cedarville. So good to see him on the other side of the world!

For dinner, we all went out for Peking Duck, which is known as Beijing's specialty. Excellent! Explored the area around the restaurant afterwards, then went back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

This morning, we started a day-long tour at 7:30 on a tour bus from the hotel. First, we climbed the Great Wall. Best part of the trip so far (for sight-seeing, anyway)! Then on to the Ming Tombs. After that, a Jade factory. Then a tea house (and experienced a traditional tea ceremony). And finally, a silk factory. Pictures and more details to come, when I'm not so exhausted.

Then Eric, Johnny, and I met up with Dale and Sophia, a lady who lives in Beijing (met Eric on the plane and offered to show us around; she is so nice!). We went to another excellent Chinese restaurant and explored some of the city night life.

Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna meet up with Dale and see his area of this crazy town!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb