Forbidden City, Tian'anmen, Temple of Heaven, and Summer Palace


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
June 18th 2010
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we completed the rest of the super touristy area's in Beijing. We started off at the Forbidden City. To be honest - I thought it would be a lot more interesting. Buuttttt it wasn't really. Just some more red buildings with the fancy roofs and the blue paint, etc, etc... Binnson seemed interested when the guide was talking about the Emperor having 3000 wives that he could pick and choose from whenever he wanted. Next stop, Tienanmen square... we walked through the square and took a couple pictures. It's eerie to walk through, not that our guide breathed a word about anything other than the good events that occur there.

Afterward, we went to a Chinese Herbal Medicine center. Here a doctor took our pulse and looked at our tongues and faces and determined what was wrong with us. Binns and I were lucky, he told us both that we were healthy and nothing was wrong with us, except he told Binns that he needs to exercise more. Too much feasting since we've gotten here!!

Later we hit up the Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palace... nothing too exciting there either... Nice to see but wouldn't go back.

We ended the day back in SOHO... one last trip to the yummy restaurant then a walk around the area to take some pictures of the pretty lights!


More observations:

1. People spit A LOT. Bleh
2. Little boys pants have slits in the back where their bums hang out...
3. Being a beggar is actually a profession here, people compete with how many limbs they can lose.
4. There must be a shortage on toilet paper. Bring your own. Always.


Tomorrow, we are hoping to take a quick trip out to the zoo so I can see a panda and then we are off to the city of Xi'an!



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The Emperor's BedThe Emperor's Bed
The Emperor's Bed

Where the magic happens
SOHOSOHO
SOHO

Piano staircase


21st June 2010

blogs
LOVE LOVE LOVE these blogs and the pictures are great!!!! Missing you. glad you are having a good time
11th July 2010
Forbidden City

hi
Hello Cheryl, I like this picture. that is all

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb