It is a Great Wall!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Dongcheng
April 14th 2015
Published: April 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Took an early flight to Beijing and after some traveling by bus, we stopped for lunch not too far from the Great Wall.

Since it was my second time at the Great Wall, I was happy to see that we were at a different gate for a somewhat new experience. We had 2 hours to ascend and descend. After about 65 minutes I decided I better not go any further even though I had only another section to get to the top.

Jerry only went up one flight of stairs and decided to stay below. He still wasn’t feeling up to par and the steps are of varying heights which makes it a bit grueling.

Along the way, many young people wanted their picture taken with me and that was a hoot. They didn’t speak English but they got their point across.

It was an exhausting but pleasurable experience and the weather couldn’t have been better. It was in the 70s.

Next we checked in to the Regent Hotel in Beijing! Beautiful!



Happy hour was from 5:00 to 8:00 and we had a great time with our fellow travelers over beverages. After we ate we went out on the street and found a place to buy beer to bring back to the ship. Met a couple of guys from Laos and had a nice chat with them. They were out shopping for beer too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our hotel lobby! Our hotel lobby!
Our hotel lobby!

Regent Hotel, Beijing, China


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb