Days 19-20 Hua Shan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Anhui » Huangshan
February 5th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Days 19-20

Hua Shan

On day 18 we again board a chartered boat for a direct transfer back to Bai Chay, then onto a private bus for a drive to the border of China, Friendship Gate (approx. 6 hours). We then travel on by bus via Pingxiang and Ningming to Hua Shan (approx. 1 hour).

We spend two nights in a charming guesthouse, set near a little village of wooden Dong and Zhuang-style houses.

On day 20 we meet with a local guide and explore the local villages and countryside by foot.

---------

Arrived at Butterfly Valley to where we were staying which was little wooden huts on stilts. Very magical but quite scary with all the insects outside. Had somesort of insect hatching in our doorway and a Geko in our bathroom.

Had dinner which included pumpkin which I (Kaz) had been wanting to try for sometime and it was well worth the wait its gorgeous stuff. I would highly reccommend it so next year at halloween don't chuck the inside of your pumpkin away eat it instead!!!!

Went to bed early as didnt feel to well as where we stopped for lunch was horrid and I was a little sick on the way.

---------

Woke up and had breakie which was Mohan which are big puffy thick dough things - very scrummy.

Went for a walk with a local guide to see the surround villages and they were getting ready for a wedding but yet still invited us for some lunch with them (how lovely!). Walked to a river and got a 'ferry' across which was powered by a man and a stick pulling us across on a cord. Walked around a bit and saw a 6 hour old baby water buffalo!

Got ferry back and helped the man pull. Got a tuk tuk back to the guest house for lunch, the driver was a little crazy. We had battered pumpkin this time and that went down a treat.

After lunch about 3pm we headed onto the nearby jungle with the local guide and her daughter for a 3hour trek. Was spectacular views and greenery but the fruit was horrid.

Got back about 6pm and had a BBQ dinner - everyone was so hungry. Had a couple of games of pool and sang on Karaoke all night lol.

Then it was time for bed.

------

Had more Mahan for breakfast but wasn't very hungry after last nights feast.

Got mini bus to the local town (about 25mins) and got another bus (public) to the next town and got some snack lunch, Tim had a KFC (tut tut lol). Got another public bus to Luizhou.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb