weds day 131


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
May 31st 2015
Published: May 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

With us all deciding to move on today - Kate to Bangkok for a day or two to see her niece and Jenna and I going to battambang. So, saying goodbye to Kate I went to meet Jenna at her hotel for some breakfast before getting a bus south. It was a much nicer journey than the one that brought Kate and I to Siem reap in the fact that we actually had a seat to ourselves and the air con was working! Its the little things. 4hrs later and we had arrived to a waiting crowd of tuk Tuk drivers - stepping off the bus made us feel a bit like celebrities - completely in your face waving pieces of paper at you, obv not for autograghs but advertising hotels! Having thankfully pre booked, one of the drivers offered to take us for free - but then had business off us for the rest of our stay in the town. So after we unpacked our bits we headed off to see the killing fields - my first introduction to the atrocities the Khmer rouge carried out - on there own people. It was a small area with a temple being at the centre full of skulls and bones with plaques around the sides depicting some of the barbaric acts they carried out. Next to the temple was what was called the killing pond - the name says it all really. Feeling pretty numb from what we had just seen we were taken back to the hotel and afterwards headed out for some dinner. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb