Seam Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
March 1st 2010
Published: March 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Seam Reap is the Gateway to Angkor Wat. Angkor Wat is the major tourist highlight in South East Asia and belongs to the 10 most important tourist sites in Asia. Most tourist come to Cambodia unfortunately only to see Angkor Wat. Because of all the tourist, Seam Reap is the richest city in Cambodia. Our Hotel is in a suburb, 10 Min. from the City Center. It is much nicer here than in the center.
We stayed 5 nights in Siem Reap, in a small and new Hotel run by an Australian manager. The atmosphere in the hotel was familiar.
It was nice talking with him, he was well informed. One night we got together and took with him, one more Australian and a pilot from Botswana some beer. On Google earth we showed each other where we live. It was a nice evening.
We also found a very good buffet restaurant for only 7 US$ and it was only a 10 Min. walk away from our hotel. I guess the manager loved us because every evening we were invited by him, one evening we got beer and on the next evening we were invited to have vodka.
The staff was very friendly, we were always welcomed as old friends.
Two of the waitresses were endless smiling and like many young girls they did not need any reason to laugh. No, this was not a kind of smart marketing it was just one of the beautiful faces of Cambodia (I know there are also other faces).
Of course we could not stop coming back every night.
It was sad to leave them.




Next Blog Angkor Wat


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb