Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
April 8th 2009
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, getting out of Vietnam and into Cambodia was an experience, we thought it would never end!

Anyway, we entered Cambodia on 1st April had a quick tour of the Phnom Penh and went to bed - highly exciting!! On our second day we rented cyclos and had a proper tour of the city visiting the Grand Palace and Independence Monument. We visited the S21 prison where Pol Pot tortured and interrogated his opponents and the killing fields - both quite emotionally draining. There were skulls and other bones at both locations of those that had died.

We travelled by bus to Siem Reap and stopped at a silk worm farm on the way - quite a fascinating process.

We spent sunset at Angkor Wat - absolutely stunning and watched some traditional Cambodian dancing in the evening.

We got up at 4am the next day to watch sunrise at Angkor Wat, again breathtaking. We spent the whole day visiting a number of the temples, including the Angelina Jolie Temple (where they filmed Tomb Raider) and Angkor Thom.

On our last day in Cambodia we visited another landmine museum. In the evening we had all the dead skin eaten off our feet by some crazy fish! Very tickly!!!

Then it was back to Bangkok.

No time for photos but will hopefully put some on soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb