Crossing point (Poipet)


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
October 1st 2005
Published: October 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Left Bkk bus station in the afternoon and headed towards Cambodia...we were both very excited but that excitment changed quickly when we arrived near to the border to confusion.....We arrived in a small City called Aranya praphet from here we had to find our own way to get to the border....... we, like everyone else at the bus stop, took a tuk-tuk....which turned out to be a big misstake.

We were the only ones who were going to the border without a visa. So for that reason the driver took us to a place ( in afterhand we now know was a travel agency) where we could get the visa ( to a higher price then at the actual border, anyways:-)!!!) From this experience we now leared a big lesson, Never trust any one, not even yourself!!!!!

After we got the very expensive Visa they drove us to the border, where things were even more messier, not only it was late at night, dark and rainy also kids begging everywhere and maybe trying to steel things from us.......when we finally could cross we run to found a shelter for the night away from all the kids and the now pouring rain.


We most at all we are very happy to be in Cambodia...a promise country!!! (or not, we'll see)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb