"You can lie to me but you can't lie to yourself"


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South
February 27th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We have been in Cambodia for about a week now, the first days we spend in Siem Reap, until today we are not quite sure how to pronounce this city's name. Although Asian countries seem to be very connected and similar you can still sense the differences. cambodia is pretty relaxed and calm but you will still have all the tuktuk drivers offering rides, massages advertised by over motivated staff and many sellers bargaining with you.

Siem Reap is famous for Angkor Wat, which was really interesting to visit. We saw monkeys running around, drinking water out of plastic bottles and we experienced a 3person motorbike ride back to the guesthouse, as we ran out of money and couldn't afford a tuktuk. Anyway I always wanted to sit on a motorbike with two other people so that was te perfect place to try it 😊

After Siem reap we went to the capital Phnom Penh, can't tell you much about it. Maybe we didn't see enough to say something about it but for me it was the least interesting city I have seen in a while.

At this very moment we are laying on Otres Beach in Sihanoukville in the very south of Cambodia. What can I say... Life is good. But tomorrow I will head back to Phnom Penh to catch a flight on Friday to Bangkok... As I'm receiving some surprise visitors... Lukas is staying for now- but he will hopefully catch up with us in Thailand again.

Xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb