Past few days


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 15th 2014
Published: May 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

This blog is going to be a bit different to other blogs i have done. You will see what i mean as you keep reading…



Royal Palace in Penonh Penh-

The day before yesterday we visited the royal palace. The gate opened at 2:00pm and thats when we got our tickets to get in. I had to put a sarong to cover my knees and it was so hot so it wasn't enjoyable. When we got through the gates we wondered around the temple it was a bit hard to enjoy because it was so hot. We went in to this main room of the temple an there was a gold buddha in there covered in 2,000 or 200 kilos of diamonds. It was pretty cool seeing this display. We decide to leave the temple really early because we were all really hot and bothered.



Mekong river cruise-

A couple of days ago we went on a 2 hour river cruise along the Mekong river. It was beautiful we also saw a floating village where illegal immigrants lived. Apparently 1 years of fishing will earn them enough money for them to get a passport and stuff. We saw kids playing in dirty water which made me realise how lucky we are. We saw small fishing boats where people lived on and fished on. I really enjoyed the cruise and discovering loads of stuff.



Leaving Penonh Penh and Arriving at Sianokville-

The day we were meant to leave Penonh Penh my brother was sick so we had to visit a local clinic. We also had to stay another day in Penonh Pen due to my brother being sick. But that was good for me because i got to swim most of the day. We decided we would leave the next day. To get to Sianokville we had to catch a private mini van for 4 hours. It was a long trip but i slept most of the way. When we first arrived a sianokville the weather wasn't to nice because it was very windy.



Motorbike riding-

Today we had a bit of an adventure motorbike riding. So we rented 2 motorbikes. Me and my mum rode one and my dad and brothers rode on another. We were used to riding a motorbike because as you know we rented 2 motorbikes 2 weeks ago. We decided to ride into town. It was a long ride but we did it. We stopped and had lunch and looked at a few shops. We went to get our motorbikes and me and my mums bikes seat wouldn't lift up so the stuff we put in there we couldn't get out and then we couldn't start our bike. It was really annoying so we thought my dad and brothers can ride their bike back and me and mum will catch a took took. So we locked up our bike so the rental company could pick it up and off we headed. Well wasn't that an adventure.



Opposition Leader (Sam Rainsy)-

So we were just sitting at a table in our hotel restaurant then all the sudden some guy stood up and everyone started going up to him to get photos. We had no idea who he was. Next some security guards stood around him and took him to a car. We asked some people who he was and they said Sam Rainsy, Cambodias opposition leader. We were like wow we didn't know that. It was pretty cool to know we saw him!



These are pretty much all the interesting things we have seen and done over the past few days. Im not sure when i’ll do my next/last blog entry it might be when i get back home or it could be tomorrow. We get back to Adelaide early in the morning on Monday for those of you who are curious.



Zara 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb