Sihanoukville: victory, beaches and rain


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
November 26th 2011
Published: November 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Decided to mix things up this morning and head to Victory Beach for the day. I had been staying only a few minutes walk from the backpackers beach known as Occheuteal Beach which, while lovely, was a little overrun with people, hawkers and bars, caves and restaurants. Not wanting to put up with that for six hours, I jumped in a tuk tuk and went elsewhere. Victory Beach was definitely a good choice. Only a small number of restaurants, only two ladies (total) offering pedicures and massages, no kids selling stuff and significantly less tourists and people. Water also appeared cleaner too. So i spent the day there, had some lunch, some coconut, did some reading and swimming and even some napping. In the mid afternoon it started to drizzle and the sky turned rather dark, which is when I decided it would be timely to return. Massive downpour on the way back and it continued to rain for the next two hours, which meant that rest of the afternoon was pretty much shot. Played some pool with a few other people hanging round the guesthouse, used the wifi and re-packed the bag. Then it was dinner, a few final 50cent Angkor drafts and sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb