Siem Reap to Sihanoukvile: night buses, beaches and pedicures


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
November 24th 2011
Published: November 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So, I had booked the midnight direct bus to Sihanoukville. I had attempted to buy a ticket for a normal bus rather than a sleeper bus hut was told it was booked out. Mini van picked me up just after 11pm and we headed to Paramount Angkor's bus station.
It was then that the fun began. The bus that showed up was NOT a sleeper, and everyone getting on it, most of whom were tourists, had paid for a sleeper bus. After realizing that they weren't going to change buses, I just got on, a ittle annoyed and feeling ripped off. But some people were beyond annoyed and were yelling at the driver and other staff and refusing to get on. It also turned out not to be a direct bus, we would all have to change in Phnom Penh. Another on-accuracy. However, I don't k ow whether that is Paramount's fault or the company that seemed to have sold most of us our tickets, Siem Reap World Travel. Either way, my recommendation is not to use either! We didn't end up leaving until close to 1pm.magainni was lucky and slept most if the way, but we didn't get into Phnom Penh until about 7pm. Then had to switch tickets and wait for another bus )which turned out to be even older) which took us through to Sihanoukville. Arrived at about 11:30am, tuk tuk to my guesthouse and checked in for one night. Grabbed a shower before having lunch at the guesthouse, then headed down the beach for a walk and to see what I could organize by way of an island trip for the following day. Few places were booked out but managed to get one night on an island that was about 3hr boat trip away. Went down the beach and bought two real books, before finding myself somewhere to chill. Got a pedicure by a lady pregnant with her third child. The other two were walking up and down the beach also selling things, one was 5 the other was 10. Walked a little more before making way back to guesthouse for dinner and having a fairly early evening.

Advertisement



21st February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share.
I am doing research so I won't have so many surprises. Is there a train? Did you hear of a company that would be reliable? Thanks again!

Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb