Girly bars and drugs


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
April 19th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Waited 45mins for bus to Sihanoukville, think the guy at our GH is just really determined to get us to eat breakfast there but we again declined and instead sat sweltering in the searing heat. When bus did turn up it looked like something from the 70's but least it was cool and shock, horror not full to capacity. Journey only took just 2hrs and then we got tuk-tuk to a GH we'd seen in Lonely Planet at Victory Hill. Driver was struggling to find it but soon fathomed this was because it had changed name as the previous owner had died! It's now ran by this French guy who seems quite canny and straight down the line. French restaurant there does seem a bit out of our league like but at least the rooms weren't, $8 for a double, ensuite with a/c, fridge and t.v.

Quite a few bars and places to eat nearby and I managed to find a cafe selling cornflakes sooo happy, been about a week since I had my last cereal hit 😊 Food and drink seems more reasonably priced here than anywhere else we've been in Cambodia. Area is supposed to be a little bit rough round the edges though and within our first 15mins walking round we saw a lapdancing club and were offered drugs! The area is full of French expats.

Had tea at a place called Tutti Frutti and Rob had chilli and it smelt and looked just like back home (though not as good as Liz's!). The street the restaurant was on had bars full of hookers and expats mostly just the former. Don't worry though it's a friendly enough place, we're never out late and we keep our wits about us!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb