beer for 50 cents anyone??


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
March 8th 2010
Published: March 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bart decided to trael by himself for a while as his plans were different from our and he wanted to move faster but we stayed one more day. Me and Wies hired a geared motorbike and went to some mangrove near by which russ went to before we met up again. They were miles long and wide and full of crabs and bamboo walk ways and had a big swinging bridge to a watch tower. When Russ went by himself a lovely old Khmer guy took him and brought him lunch, such a touching thing to do for Russ when he was down and this guy had nothing, we love these people!
I was allowed to drive the bike as I learnt the night before when Russ taught me. I was doing so well, getting the hang of the gears and all, until it got dark, had a teeeeny teeeny accident! I was turning on a dirt path and accidently pulled the accelorator, i was heading towards a burning fire of rubbish in a ditch so paniked and hit the front break, we all know what happens when you hit the front brake on gravel! Didn't get hurt too bad just a twisted wrist and very bruised knees!
We set off the next day to Sihanoukville. Touristy town with lots of bars and reaaaly cheap beer 30p for a beer, yes please!
We celebated Wies's b-day here and had a big piss up in the all night bars with some people we met. We did pretty much nothing appart from drink and slob out in our guest house. It was really nice room in a lovely setting but over the days we were there we realised it was a bit of, no it WAS a brothel. Each morning beautiful Khmer girls came out of rooms shoving money in their nighties, very very wierd!
We did get our act together one day and hired bicycles. It's pretty hilly and was hard work in the 39 degrees heat but we found a couple of beautiful beaches and swam in the loveliest sea so far.
Wies left the day before us to go to Kampot and we followed her the following day.
We all stayed in a lovely little place ran by a jolly french speaking Khmer with cloudy eyes and a big giggeling grin. We were all going to go to the Bakor national park but me and Russ opted out because I didn't have walking boots and it cost 2 days of budget to do. Im pretty glad we didn't as Wies came back sweaty and very exhausted after a 4 and a half hour trek up a steep mountain without a break, apparently it reduced alot of people to tears and one lady had a fit and pooped her pants so yeh, good move lissy and russ!
We went kyaking instead and had a nice day on the water. I had a bad start as I got stuck in a current and through a massive panicked hissy fit. Turns out I just paddled the wrong way. We paddeled up stream for 20 mins, really hard work and then floated back down stream. We had amazing view of the surrounding mountains and riverside shacks and saw about 30 painted fishing boats pass on thier way home, so it was worth the effort.
Next stop the Capital of Cambodia, Phnom Phen, welcome back blog readers and photos will be up soon, there are looooads!




Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb