Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
November 15th 2005
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a few hours in our fav minibus (every seat seemed remarkably more uncomfortable than the last), we arrived at our rather grand-looking hotel and, after a lovely shower and a briefing we headed for the beach! The main drag, Ocheutal, was full of cafes, umbrellas and people who consisted mainly of vendors selling fruit, lobsters, pedicures and waxing! The latter two were particularly rude commenting on the state of everyone's feet/legs-obviously unaware that this was not the best sales strategy.
After lunch we decided to try out the far end of the beach which looked less crowded. This was an excellent plan. Serendipity beach was just that. We found a lovely seafront restaurant and booked a table for dinner, then settled down by the beach and played frisbee in the sea. Note that it rained as soon as Marie got in - a rare skill she possesses!
Later she decided to purchase some of the embroidered shrimps the many kids were selling. This required significant negotiation with "Shortie" (he looked identical to, and was as cheeky as, the kid in Indiana Jones), who also tried selling to us the next day -however, he was far more interested in playing on Luke's PDA! His language skills were exceptional, English, German, French...
Anyway, having determined that buying something did not mean you were left alone but that you obviously want to purchase the entire stock, we headed to Serenity for a fab dinner with spectacular sunset views.

Drink of the Day: Beer Lao


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb