Sizzling Sihanoukville - A hard day at the Office


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
October 7th 2008
Published: October 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The next we left with Robin and took a bus trip to Sihanoukville for a few days at the beach. Wow. Our first stop was Victory Beach, which is quite lovely. White beaches and turquoise seas. We went straight in and the water was beautifully warm.

The next day saw us heading out on a boat trip to visit a few islands, snorkel and swim. The trip included breakfast (bread and jam), lunch drinks etc. We left from Serendipity Beach. Our boat greeted us some distance from the beach, and like everyone else who gets to this point, we all stand there and say - 'well you want us to wade out with our bags, cameras etc to there'!! So after about two seconds of deliberating how we were going to do it, we just got on with it - well we were always going to get wet! The sea was beautifully calm, turquoise and clear. Flying fish darted away in the distance and were an amazing sight. We chugged (oh yes it was definately a chug!) out towards some of the islands, and then stopped for some snorkelling. We couldn't see much, but managed to see some fish, corals and anenomes. We then chugged on to Bamboo Island. More crystal white beaches and turquoise seas. I never would have believed a beach and sea could be so beautiful. The waters are so hot. This really is something else.

Lunch was barbecued barracuda with potato and salad, followed by fresh pineapple and banana. We woofed the whole lot - yes - please note - I'm eating fish again and loving it!! We then took a jungle track through to the other side of the island to yet another white beach ...... need I say more! And then we were heading back from our little bit of paradise and having to jump back into the sea to get back onto Serendipity beach!

We then moved hotels to Serendipity Beach and spent the next few days here. Oh hell, it's so hard going to the office everyday. The sand gets everywhere and having to apply suntan lotion everytime you get back out the sea is so tiresome. Coconut shakes and fantastic fresh seafood to hand - we are finding it very difficult to cope!

Our next stop is Siem Reap on the 6th before bidding a very sad farewell to Cambodia.

Ps - the pineapple is so good, I think I'm turning into one!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb