Beach Time!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, first things first, Robinho signed for Man City?! What's going on in the world in our absence? Thaksin Shinawatra is pulling a few strings isn't he? Shame he isnt having as much luck in this part of the world. Fortunately were a long way from there now. Plus Berbatov to Man United? Were doomed!

Anyway, back to Asia. Last time I wrote we were leaving Phnom Penn I think? After our 4 hour bus journey we arrived in Sihanukville. This is a smaller area south west of Phnom penn and is the only beach resort in Cambodia. As its not the high season here, the place is pretty empty. Im really impressed with the accomodation and were a couple of minutes walk to a nearby beach. The scenary is pretty good as its the first time we have found hills in Cambodia, and when mixed with the sea it looks great.

Our first day here was relatively chilled and we hit the beach quite early. After having a brief break for visa collections and more importantly football/volleyball purchasing we hit the beach again for sunset. Its been great to slow down a bit and take things easy to break from all the travelling. Were planning on staying here a little while before returning to Phnom Penn (briefly) to get flights out to Hanoi. The part of the trip I'm most looking forward to as we hop over to Halong Bay on the coast.

Not too much to update to be honest. The people are still friendly, food still good. Am feeling a little worn out today and slightly ill, I'm hoping its just the sun and lack of rest. I think I will go count some sheep in a couple of minutes. Stay in touch.

I have high hopes for Hanoi in terms of internet. Rumour has it they ahve some great internet speeds therefore I will have a picture uploading session (day).

Goodnight



Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb