Kampot -Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
June 16th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I got on a bus the other day from Phnom Penh to Kampot, no one sleeping on my shoulder, but I did have the added bonus of extra air conditioning, a nice elderly woman coughing in my face for half the trip. Anyways, it's been a few days from them and I haven't developed any sort of disease... yet.

So I got to Kampot and arranged for a tour the following day. So the next day we got in the back of the pickup truck which was very cool at first, but after the bumpy roads, and hardly cushioned seats, the novelty wore off, and it left the rear end feeling a little sore, but the scenery was awesome, and we got to see a family of monkeys. After and hour or so we got to Bokor Hill Station, which is basically a ghost town, old Casinos, old churches, reminded me of The Shining for some reason, and to make it even creepier we had a nice fog for the day. After Bokor Hill Station we went to some waterfalls, which were ok, and then a boat trip to watch the sun set, which again was less than pleasant on the rear end. All in all it was a good way to spend the day and got to see some cool stuff.

And now I'm in Sihanoukville, which is a nice little beach town (over run with tourists though), I'm not exactly how long I'll spend here, the weather isn't that great, but we'll see. I'll be getting my Vietnam Visa soon and will head there within the next couple days most likely.

Pictures up in a couple days!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb