Kampong Som, Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
January 23rd 2008
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

January 22, 23

This morning we had an early morning drive for 3 1/2 hours to Kampong Som ( Sihanoukville ), Cambodia. This is a beach resort area on the Gulf of Thailand.

We were very pleasantly surprised by the resort(s) and beaches that are in this part of the world. Not a secret to Europeans or Asian tourists but we had never heard of this place before. The Sohka Beach Resort and the beaches at Sihanukville are second to none in the world. The main beach area is very well developed and a lot of new construction is underway with new resorts and all levels of accommodation being built as well as a better airport facility.

We enjoyed the rest of the day lounging at he pool and beach and the next day more of the same. We did take a Tuk Tuk to town one evening for a very good and very inexpensive BBQ seafood dinner on the beach in the main town. ( Meal was 6 good size prawns, 2 squid, one whole fish and 2 beers for $10.00 U.S.)

This was a very good opportunity and the perfect place to recharge our personal batteries and take a short break from our busy travel schedule.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb