Sihanouk Ville (Cambodia's Seaside resort!)


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
October 11th 2007
Published: October 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Journey to Sihanoukville was fine, aircon limousine coach (it was a normal coach) with breakfast included, dead cheap too. Sihanoukville it on the coast so a couple of beach days after a hectic start to the travels. Upon arriving at the bus station the only transport available was a moto, motorbike to me and you, they couldn’t possibly carry our luggage and us ‘don’t worry’ they say ‘we do it every day’, true it’s not uncommon to see moto’s with 4 or 5 aboard and they’re only the size of a moped. Finally arrived at another bargain guesthouse/chalet type things and very clean, plus 10 metres to the beach. So we finished our afternoon getting very hot on Ouchheuteal Beach, oh and the next day. Locals will do anything to earn money, the local delicacy is beauty treatments. Mark popped off to the bank in town and came pack to find Helen having her legs stringed (similar to waxing?!) and a manicure and a pedicure and 1hour foot massage, she was surrounded by girls! Only cost a fiver mind for 3 hours work... good start!

Wednesday we went on a boat trip into Ream National Park 20km out of town. The journey up the river was beasutiful; mangroves surrounded the banks and occasionally we saw people fishing in their boats. It was amazing and the unspoilt. We did a trek through the jungle to our lunch, in a small fishing village where we had Barracuda steak, even Helen ate it!

Today (11th oct) we have moved further down the coast to a small town called kampot to explore Bokor National Park. On the way here, the Elephant Mountains just appeared out of nowhere from the flat plains surrounding them - thats where we head tomorrow! Question: how many can you get in a Toyota Camry (car)?? Answer: According to our driver... 9 - 4 in the front, 5 in the back!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb