last dance


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I passed my swimming test. By two seconds. I clocked 13.58 and I had to get in under 14 minutes. The last 20 metres I was crawling like hell and that might have been what saved me. Afterwards I was dead of course.

The good thing is that I am practically a divemaster now. The bad thing is that I went for a medical check. You need one to become a divemaster. The doc found a minor fault and wanted me to come back in one week. My heart wasn't doing something properly and it might be due to the heavy exhaustion or the fact I got a cough.

Well, I am leaving tomorrow morning so I will have to go to a specialist in Phnom Penh.

I am spending the last time on the beach where I have been working for four months. It is more sad than I thought it would be. I kind of don't want to leave. Sure I don't want to stay forever but the part when you have to leave is never nice.

Going to a Japanese restaurant to have my final dinner. Yesterday I went to a Sedish place to eat Swedish hamburger (pannbiff). It was quite funny. Since I rarely go out alone I am not used to the attention you can get as a single man. So a Khmer girl working in the restaurant was flirting with me in Swedish and English. It was really funny as her Swedish had a heavy westcoast accent.

I will definatly miss this place and hopefully I will come back. Of all jobs I have ever had this has been the best and for sure the least paid. That might be how it is. Either wellpaid or nice.

Now we head up north to do another week in Cambodia and then we go to Laos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb