Serendipity Beach


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
June 13th 2005
Published: June 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Southern Cambodian CountrysideSouthern Cambodian CountrysideSouthern Cambodian Countryside

I couldn't help taking a few pictures as we passed through the country, the rice fields are just glowing with the green of newly sprouted plants.
Anisa needed a break after her last week of school so we went directly out to the beach on Monday. It's technically the rainy season - though it hasn't really rained much yet - so we were almost the only tourists there. It was very relaxing and we didn't do much besides sit around on the beach reading. I've been feeling pretty sick since Sunday morning: stomach cramps, probably from eating poorly washed vegetables in Vietnam. Poorly washed doesn't just mean washed with tap water it can mean washed in the river or not washed at all.
The south along the coast is much greener than around Phnom Penh. The scenery between PP and Sihanoukville was beautiful. It was a big change because we started into the hills, everything around Phnom Penh is flatter than the Netherlands. i don't have much to report because we didn't do a whole lot besides relax. We explored the scuba options, but everything's close for the rainy season. Luckily Anisa is a wonderful person to travel with, she's really good at going with the flow and taking it easy. So, we had a lot of fun just hanging out together.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Waiting for SchoolWaiting for School
Waiting for School

This is in front of a school, we passed a lot of them, and there's two little girls waiting on the cart. It's common transportation here: a cart pulled by a moto can carry over 20 people.
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

Anisa and I spent quite a bit of time sitting around with a book and a beer.
Tourist PhotoTourist Photo
Tourist Photo

We just had to take pictures of each other, the setting was too nice.


Tot: 0.63s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 115; dbt: 0.322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb