Beaches and Sunsets


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
December 2nd 2006
Published: December 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

This blog entry is rather late really so i'm just adding it for my own record really.

After Phnom Pehn we went down to the coast for a few days..which turned into three and a bit. The place is Sihanoukville and is well on the tourist ciruit of Cambodia. Really there are only tree places on this circuit Phom Pehn, Sihanoukville and Siem Reap, all of which we went to. Fell a bit un adventurous but we only had about 10 days so no time to get off the beaten track really. After Vietnam we also really didn't want the hassle. So we went to the seaside.

We found a very nice bungalow/beachut place that almost had a view. You could just about see the sea through the trees. Importantly it had hammocks and plenty of place to lounge about, eat and drink.

The beach wasn't actually that good and was very narrow at hig tide. The sea was still lovely to swim in though and with only about 5 other people in sight one can't really complian. There isn't actually much to say about it as we pretty much did naff all but laze around, swim, read and eat curry... bliss.

We stayed an extra day partly beacuse the idea of actually packing up our stuff and going sounded like far to much effort, and partly becuase I wasn't feeling to great. On our last day we headed into town mainly to go to a bookshop to trade in some books. There we baegan to discover the strange underworld of ex-pats. Ex-pats are generally a strange lot I find but cambodia seems to make them stranger. Firstly we met a jolly Italian from Rome, which he informed us was 'thea mosta beautiful city in the worlda''. Then we went for a coffee in a place run by a bloke from England. He decided to come and talk to us inbetween glasses of wisky (at 11 am). He then spent an hour telling us to go to a whore house to see the 'real'cambodia. He was expert in offending everyone but we took it all in good spirit. Later on we met a youngish american guy on the beach who lives there and filled us in on all the gossip. The coffee shop man in known as the local drunk and the jolly Italin's wife was found dead on a beach a few years ago. Although it was siad to be suicide apparently he was implicated in her death. Why whatch eastenders when you can come to cambodia?

Well thats about it on the coast really. Here are some photos of the amazing sunsets, the colour is never as good though so just imagine it several shades reder.

Advertisement



2nd December 2006

photos
Will look forward to seeing the photos, eventually. sounds like a perfect little break

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb