Last day of character- forming cold showers!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
January 31st 2018
Published: January 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast today I went over to the next jetty to book our speedboat return for tomorrow. The actual office window was all shut up but the guy behind the bar wrote 4 and 5 on my ticket stubs and said be there 9.20, boat go 9.45. I asked where the boat actually stopped on the way back to Sihanoukville and he said he didn’t know. It’s possible we’ll be taken out of our way again and have to change boats. Best option is to be taken to the main village and change there. Because of the moon, there was a really high tide and lots of waves, constant crashing, so neither of us slept very well.

We went to the beach again and there was a lot of rubbish in the water and on the tideline. We cleared a lot up. Luckily the beach bar has rubbish bins, so we filled quite a few those. Believe me, you would never use a drinking straw again if you could see it here. TheN after lunch an American couple went into the water and dragged out loads of stuff, so many bits of fishing net and string as well as plastic and polystyrene. We helped them and the guy from the bar brought some sacks to put it in. He said he cleans the beach everyday and that it’s bad now as it’s been raining. We made the sea swimmable and within half an hour it was just as bad. Sam went for a walk towards the resort and came back after 15 minutes. Nobody cleans there and it was heartbreaking. We also had the company of Wonky Dog today. He has a problem with his back legs not working but seems to get around and slept under our sunbeds. We aren’t sure whether he’s been hit by a moped (no cars here) or he was born like it, as he has been spayed. Bless him, he seems to be in a minority of one on that front!

We ate seafood noodles on our jetty and waited for the super moon to come out. It half made an appearance and then disappeared behind clouds. We had a nice chat with 2 American girls who had lots of questions for us: Are these bedbug bites? Yes! How do you book accommodation? Longer answer. Do you know a good place to stay in Krabi? Yes! Made us feel like seasoned travellers.

Last night of cold showers and no sink, back to the Land of Hairdryers tomorrow! We are looking forward to barbecued buffalo and mashed potato at Otres Lodge!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb