Back to Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
July 27th 2015
Published: August 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We were exhausted after the temples, so lay around the pool for the afternoon, then went and got takeaway pizza and watched a movie, quite the excessive contrast to our serene morning.

The next day we were back on a Cambodian bus heading south to Phnom Penh. Another 7 hour trip over 300 or so kilometres, yep it's slow, but there's plenty to see and many refreshment breaks. We really do enjoy watching the world go by from an airconditioned seat sometimes. We've been blessed with children who are remarkably good at travelling (though there will be some struggles returning to restrictive safe car seats) and it provides some easy time together, mostly.

We returned to Phnom Penh close to dusk, our driver Dorn had worked out where we would be and was there waiting for us. He took us back to our hotel where Louise met us to take us out for another amazing meal (including hand made noodles that I'd been wanting to try). This was almost too easy and comfortable!

Next day we popped over to Louise's apartment to wash clothes, then on to lunch and coffee with Lou, Thomas and Jose who is a coffee business owner and great cake chef who we met in Battambang. Another excellent coffee and a tour of his cafe and look at the beans he roasts from Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Next was the national museum and a look at some of Angkors actual antiquities. It was a very beautiful building with a lovely central courtyard with fish ponds. Agus was most amused flying a small plane around the exhibits and feeding the fish.

That night Louise invited us to her local quiz night. Turns out the quiz crowd are very serious and weren't just there for a beer. We managed to contribute with some sports and literature answers, but felt very adult staying out past 9 o'clock.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb