Delicious Cambodian Food (or....Delicious International Food in Cambodia!)


Advertisement
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
February 6th 2010
Published: February 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

If you know me, you know I love food! Frothy fruit drinks, icy sorbets, flavorful ice creams, crusty Italian-style pizzas, fresh and aromatic southeast Asian dishes with basil and lemongrass and spicy peppers, tropical fruits like mangosteen and mango and longans, tasty dips and chips you can't stop eating like hummos and tzatziki, fruit and herb salsas for fresh fish and rare meats. Yummy!! So,... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

3-hour dinners at Le Duo...3-hour dinners at Le Duo...
3-hour dinners at Le Duo...

Ben loved the wood-fired pizzas. I loved the Spinach Ravioli with Basil Tomato sauce. The wines are excellent and the home-made Lemoncello is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cafe Yejj!Cafe Yejj!
Cafe Yejj!

This social enterprise provides job training and jobs to women recovering from violence. They are a great place to support!!!! They have the best Chocolate frappes in Phnom Penh, an awesome chicken salad, and great breakfasts!
Del GustoDel Gusto
Del Gusto

Del Gusto is a restaurant & hotel right around the corner from our house. A beautiful old French home with stunning tiles and greenery. Great food and wines. Yummy dips, great Asian food, yumyum!
Del Gusto Walk-wayDel Gusto Walk-way
Del Gusto Walk-way

Here's one of the walkways around Del Gusto. Lovely shaded and cool.
Inside Del GustoInside Del Gusto
Inside Del Gusto

Very tropical, always has sun streaming in windwos with plants and soothing paints. Lovely and relaxing and peaceful..A great place to stay as a guest, too!
Convenient CornConvenient Corn
Convenient Corn

These corn stands are all around the parks and markets. They cook it fresh and it smells SOOO good. Delicious too, but be careful if you are a sensitive-system traveler :)
Mangos and more!Mangos and more!
Mangos and more!

You never knew how many ways Mango can be served!
The Famous FCCThe Famous FCC
The Famous FCC

The Foreign Correspondents Club has two restaurants - in Phnom Penh & Siem Reap. This photo was taken in Siem Reap (I like this one better than the PP one). Ben likes the wood-fired pizzas. Pretty but way too expensive for Cambodia :)
The Alley in Siem ReapThe Alley in Siem Reap
The Alley in Siem Reap

A small alley in downtown Siem Reap (near the Old Market - Psar Chas) is the totally hip and delicious place to be! Fun art galleries, delicious Khmer food restaurants, and a fun atmosphere.
I LOVE SQUID!I LOVE SQUID!
I LOVE SQUID!

One new food I grew to absolutely love (and get obsessed with) wsa squid! They grill it whole and then slice it up (SOOO yummy) and saute it with Kampot green peppercorns and green onions. SOOOO GOOD. I need to take a cooking class.
Kampot CrabsKampot Crabs
Kampot Crabs

On the coast, they cook crabs with a different sauce than inland Cambodians..with a spice that turns the sauce red.



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb