Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
March 16th 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok folks, so hit the road again and found a clean , quiet little serene place called Phnom Pehn!!!!!! You have never seen a city like this one!!!!!!!
Its absoloutely manic , rules of the road-there are none!Its every man woman and child for themselves and i cant believe im still in 1 piece.
Its mayhem on the roads , on the pavements, in the markets , in the bars, Bangkok is something but this place has a real "edge " to it.
Hooked up with a guy called Jet, (drives a moped like one thats for sure), who offered to be my driver/guide for the princely sum of $5 a day.
To be honest he saves me more than that because as elsewhere, here is a definate 2 tier pricing system for tourists and locals on just about everything.
So i arrived last night on the bus and after the 6 hour arse-numbing journey fancied a couple of cold Angkor beers.
Met an american guy in hotel who had same idea so headed off to a bar round the corner called Sharkeys.
Chockablock with some very ugly, oldand desperate weirdos and the usual array of young cambodian women on the prowl for the mighty $.
Spent the whole night warding off prostitute after prostitute, if i hear one more time-Hey, handsome man, you want boom boom -only $10 ??? it wont be soon enough.
Spent today at The genocide museum which is an old prison used by the Khmer Rouge for some very nasty work and then went off to The National Museum-not my thing that one so exited quickly into an aircon restaurant.
Lunch was followed by a bit of t-shirt shopping in the huge Central market.
Then drove over to the large Oympic Stadium where i got to watch the national football team train-not exactly the boys in the royal blue jersey but gave me my fix.
To be honest i see more english football over here than when im at home thanks to ESPN.Have got to start thinking about heading back to Thailand soon as my express ready cash delivery aka MOP arrives on the 25th in Bangkok so may break the journey up with a couple of stops for a few days.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb