another trip


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
May 12th 2009
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The other day we went to svay reng province by the border to vietnam. Very very hot. We went to visit Vys grandmother and family. Seemed like we were in the middle of the Jungle it was surrounded by fruit trees, palm trees, etc etc. Her family was very nice, seemed like every 5 minutes more family showed up... HUGE FAMILY... Had a great time walking around the local market, very different from home, live fish slapping around, live chicken, and baskets full of tree ants. Vy made a great dinner of beef and tree ant, Very good food, I was suprised I liked ants. The next day the biggest monsoon ive ever seen came thru and dumped for hours, we had to evacuate into the house due to the hard rain and strong winds. Was very interesting t osee how people live in rural cambodia.

Been having fun exploring the city and all the markets, the markets are a very hectic place, I couldnt imagine having to shop there everyday, soo much going on all the time, sensory overload.

Got to eat fried frog today..... actually good...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb