Depressing...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
April 13th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The other thing that i did was check out two sites of mass genocide in Phnom Pehn and its outskirts. I kinda knew what to expect going in after seeing both Auschwitz and Dachau concentration camps, your never really ready for what you see in these places. I went to the killing fields first and was pretty upset at what i saw. lots of open pits where people were thrown into mass graves. You could see the bits of clothes all around the outsides of the pits which was really sad. They also had a huge monument in the middle that was full of human skulls that were unearthed from the some of the mass graves. pretty scary stuff. After walking around there i went to the S21 prison in town and was again amazed at how ruthless and evil humans can be to each other. And this only 30 years ago!! Walking around the photos of the people who had been held captive in the prison was again depressing and made me realize how lucky i am to have not been around during those terrible times. I talked to a few guys and all of them had been affected by the Khmer Rouge and its atrocities. My tuk tuk driver had both of his parents killed, his sister starved to death and he doesn't know where his brother is, he thinks probably killed. After the day i kinda reflected a bit and all and all moped around feeling depressed, hence the name of this entry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

S21S21
S21

Khmer Rouge Guards all between the age of 10 and 20


16th April 2008

mikiee
miguelito.. ke paso ,,, wiish you the best mijo, and hope you start sending some pictures if chamakitas wey, you know hottiies, ok mike stay in touch bro. be good.

Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb