Kampot


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
January 30th 2015
Published: April 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After three weeks of luxury with the mother of Helene, we go back to our backpackers live! We met during our ride to Kampot an Italian guy Andrea with who we finally shared a room for eight dollar the night. A cheap room, but our luxury was clearly over with back pain the next morning from the thin matrasses and a bit stinky from the constant water disrupions which unabled us to shower.

Kampot is a calm and cute village laying by the river and it is famous for its delicious pepper. During our two days stay, we enjoyed walking through the city and going to a local market. We also visited the cave temple 'Phnom Chhnork', a seven century old temple that is special because it is one of the oldest in Cambodia and is very well preserved due to the cave's protection. To arrive at the temple a tuktuk ride on a bumpy road is necessary, but definetly the scenery worth of rice paddies and typical local villages. Once arrived at the cave, we first had to pass a tinny bridge and climb a staircase of 203 steps up the hill to go down again into the beautifull cave. After this adventerous day, we drunk a little beer at the river enjoying a magnificient sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb