Day 10 - Phnom Penh to Kampot


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
December 11th 2012
Published: December 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

As breakfast was not included with the room at our guest house we headed off rather late to find something to eat. We discovered a little place close to the corner of our street that served the best noodle soup and omelettes we had ever had and for a very, very reasonable price. It was not surprising that heaps of people from the surrounding guest houses ate there at some point in the day. Later on in the morning we wandered into a local travel agent to book some excursions for our time in Kampot. There are heaps of travel agents around town and if you book a group tour it doesn’t seem to matter which one you book with as they seem to take it in turns to do the tour. We organised to do a sunset cruise on the river and a tuk-tuk tour to the countryside and Kep the next day. All reasonably priced. We spent a lazy day just looking around town and arrived back at the travel agent around 4 for our cruise on the river. Transport to the boat was also included in the price. The boat was skippered by a young Cambodian who had a good laugh when he had to pump the water from the bottom of the boat every 15 minutes or so with a homemade hand pump. The sunset was spectacular as most sunsets are. The cruise on the river was very relaxing and seemed to end all too soon. Noodle soup for dinner was again on the menu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb