Kampot


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
February 11th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have had a couple enjoyable days in Kampot. Our hotel reservation went wrong and when we arrived on the slow bus (read: should have taken a taxi) from Phnom Penh had to settle for a musty double for Trudy and Jasmine. We "men" got a triple with suspitious looking turds on the bed covers and thin walls, actually opon cracks to the next room. The guest staying there was kind enough later to light up one of Cambodia's finest, "Dad, what's that smell?" Sure enough in the wee hours of the morning was the familiar sound of scurrying rats, memories of Guatemala and time for ear plugs. On our first day after finding a new hotel we went to the local swimming hole to cool off, nice refreshing fun in the water by the jungle. Yesterday we took a trip by jacked up Toyota Camry to the old French hill station on Bokor mountain to check out the abandoned buildings and take in the cool views. The road hasnt seen any maintenance in 40 years so it was quite a ride up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



11th February 2007

great
hi..more snow this week ans some more coming on monday they say looks like a great swimming hole to cool of in and the 5 star hotel looked goog..and some of the things you are seeing are excelent great education and adventure..we miss you all please keep safe and post often aswe woory when to many days go by and nothing new posted...lov Nan and Papa horn still works
12th February 2007

suppose your not missing the snow eh?
i'm enjoying reading your blogs see you when you get back
12th February 2007

Nice Trip!
Hello, it's Sandy again! I have just read your blog about your trip, I have to say... WOW! I do envy you and your family! It is a very wonderful trip! I really like your advertures!
13th February 2007


hi, i wanted to wish jassy a happy almost birthday and we're kinda jeluse cuz ist really cold here and we got a whole lots more snow and i hope you're having fun.
13th February 2007

suspitious looking turds
Just what kind of turds are not suspitious looking? Good thing Alberta is rat free! Still, you guys are having way more fun than me.
14th February 2007

13 Feb 07
Hi what a trip you are having! Great sights to see, I admire your courage to explore Cambodia. You are not missing much as the weather here is cold. Enjoy your trip and all the best to you and your family.
14th February 2007

Welcome turds
Gecko turds of course!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb