Bokor national park


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
June 10th 2005
Published: June 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Since i last wrote we have been down to sihanoukville, where the beaches are. We found a lovely guesthouse which had a balcony over looking the sea. Unfortunately for us the day we got there was also the day thre rain decided to come and never stop!! So we didnt get much beach action! We did though, manage to arrange our visa here for vietnam in only 1/2 hr which was pretty impressive instead of hanging around for a few days. After here we made our way to Kampot in a share taxi and actualy we didnt have to share it with that many people which was lucky, probably partly due to the fact the rain was torrential and i dont think many people fancied travelling to kampot. In Kampot we arranged a tour to Bokor national park. Its an old french village at the top of a mountain that has just been deserted. It is so eerie, There is a church which looks like it only closed not long ago and also a hotel which really is just like the shining hotel. I wandered off on my own to look around, but got so scared i had to go back out to the entrance! The views are lush though, right over the coastline and out into the sea and over the islands off the coast. It was well worth the 2hr bumpy road to the top( worse than the road to siem reap)! Now we are back in Phnom Penh and off to ho chi minh city tommorow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb