My Birthday @ Siem Raep


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Tonlé Sap
February 14th 2008
Published: February 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All

First of all, many thanks for the birthday sms’ wishes. Loved it.
(uploaded some pics as well this time)

It was a kind of earlier start this morning (again), we left our ‘Lazy fish’ river guest house around 05u45 heading for a ‘fast speedboat’ who would bring us to Siem Reap, entry city to visit the famous Angkor temples.

As always we boarded the ‘ship’ as the first ones and immediately reserved ourselves the best spot on the upper deck level, although in Cambodia this term reference to the ‘roof’, nevertheless very adventurous and very pleasant. We traveled the Tonle Sap River and lake for about 6 hours and had spectacular views of the surroundings and the Cambodian life in/next to/on top of the water edges.

We’ve been told visiting the Angkor Temples can’t be done in one day, therefore we prepared ourselves the rest of the afternoon by doing ‘nothing’ in order to have full day to visit the Angkor Temples, because we will proof it can be done ;-)

Although doing nothing means we properly prepared and planned this Temple trip in order to prevent a piss-poor performance conquering the Angkor Temples … ;-) (read) sitting on a terrace having some beers, having some more beers and once a while check the lonely planet for some tips.

And to be optimal prepared we had a Thai/Khmer one hour massage … of which you think ’nice’ however we never came out so broken and ‘enlarged’ after a massage ….

Anywaaaaay once more thanks for the birthday, and I did count the birthday kisses which were sent, so I come and collect them personally once we are back …
Have fun all …and thanks for all the post/comments as well, specially Den’s.

many greetings from Robin and a very special valentine’s kiss to Tina XXX

x/mike


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



15th February 2008

Birthday kisses
Hey Mikey It is still Valentines day here so I still can wish you the very best Birthday EVER!!! You diserve it more than anybody I know. Take care of each other and enjoy every minute. You can collect these kissies personally, SMAK X SMAK X SMAK X!!! Tina X

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb