Phnom Penh to Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Tonlé Sap
May 3rd 2007
Published: May 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post



15th April

Not much to say about today really we booked a bus to take us to Siam Reap at around midday we arrived at about 7.30pm after a very bumpy ride in a minibus. Not very nice to mention it with one lady being sick behind us into a bag, and we were also the only English-speaking people on the bus. We managed to find a nice guesthouse, which had a double bed each, and a TV shower air-con and fan, we dropped of our stuff and headed out to get a bite to eat and to book a tour to the Angkor Wat temples.

16th April

We spent the day at the Angkor Wat temples which are really nice and they are all made from stone, we stopped for lunch and then we went to the main temple which is called Angkor Wat we walked round the temple and took part in a Buddhist prayer. I climbed to up these steps, which are very high, and like a mountain to climb to the highest part of the temple, at the bottom of the stairs there is a sign that says climbing at your own risk.

17th April

We got a bus at 7.30am to take us back into Bangkok, the bus to the boarder was F*#$^+G terrible it had no air-con, the roads where extremely bumpy and dusty and because there was no air-con we needed the windows open for some air which resulted in getting covered in dust. We also had to change bus from the one I where on to be taken less than 20mins to the border which to us seemed truly pointless. After going through passport control it was a relief to sit at a cafe and wait for our bus to Bangkok, which would take us all the way to Khao San Road. We got a different bus to Khao San road which compared to the buses we where just on seemed like a luxury with air-con, and a toilet on board, after a long day of travelling we arrived back to Khao San Road at around 8.30pm and checked into the same guest house as we stayed in before when we were here. After dropping our bags we made to the market for some last minute deals before we left.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb