mon day 129


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
May 31st 2015
Published: May 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

After the pretty hectic day of travelling yesterday Kate and I decided to spend today relaxing. Heading back into town and walking round the market buying a few little bits ( ive got to carry them for the next month or so - so I made sure they were little!) and after walking out to the royal residence along the river. With no entry to visitors and only a temple being accessible we had a quick look around but didn't stay too long. Making our way back towards town we stopped off at a bar and after a few Tequila sunrises and feeling a bit pissed I felt good for nothing! A Cambodian girl came up to us trying to sell us bracelets ( which is a regular occurrence all day/all evening) but chatting to her and her being fluent in English we invited her to join us for a game of connect 4. Playing 3 games with her and her winning them all!! The deal was that we had to buy a bracelet each - as being the losers. She said her name was linda and completely had her head screwed on. Fluent in English at the age of ten, a realistic ambition for her future ( to go to university and help people set up businesses) and a rather good connect 4 player!! Was nice to meet her. After our burgers - mine with blue cheese, Kate's with camembert we headed down to the river to meet Jenna for the remainder of the evening. Finding another bar to go into - which was definitely the theme of the day! We sat chatting and on the return to the hotel stopped off once again at the market for a quick look around. Kate and I decided that tomorrow we would go to see the temples for a sunrise start so we sensibly had an earlyish night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb