sun day 128


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
May 31st 2015
Published: May 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

After spending a lovely couple of days in Kratie it was time to say goodbye and move on to the next town. So getting up at 05.30 to get ready for the days travelling to Siem Reap we were picked up at 7am by a minibus. Before properly heading west we were driven round to collect other passengers and boxes and boxes and mopeds and mopeds - all squeezed in somewhere! When we brought the tickets we were told that a ticket for a seat doesn't actually mean you've got a seat to yourself! You could well be sharing it with 2 Cambodians - and some boxes! There is no concept of personal space here and well if you've got a lap that's almost considered another seat! We were squashed in but luckily our laps were only taken up with our bags! Sitting at the back of the minibus it was a pretty uncomfortable 6hr journey - with no air conditioning and the driver getting cross everytime we opened a window! It was a relief when we could finally get off. Unfolding ourselves and regaining the feeling in our feet we got on a waiting tuk tuk to the hotel. Having a well needed shower and sort out of our stuff we heading into town for some dinner and while there bumped into Jenna! The german girl I met in Chiang Mai and travelled quite a bit with over the last few weeks. After having a nice catch up and finding out that we had similar plans over the next few days we decided to do them together. Walking down the road we found one of the night markets with it being mainly full of stuff for tourists we stopped to have a look around. With Kate and Jenna buying a few bits and stopping off for a fruit shake we then headed back to our hotels to settle down for most of the night ( with another power cut in the early hours the air conditioning went off - making the room very hot for an hour or so!) luckily it was sorted so we could get on with sleeping.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb