Hanoi lost blog


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
November 1st 2014
Published: November 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Phil takes to the rush hour
Well a lot has happened since I last blogged. We were still in Hanoi on 30 th Oct and our rep arranged a mass cyclo rickshaw outing. Over twenty of us diced with death and took to the road in rickshaws during the Hanoi rush hour.It was like being on the Dodgems but there were no collisions despite a million near misses. Sitting on a flimsy tin seat with ones feet in a tin tray made one feel very vulnerable as buses and scooters swarmed around. We passed through the night markets and saw families buying food for the evening meal and others sitting on the pavement to eat. They sit on kindergarten sized plastic chairs and must be a lot more flexible than we are!



Next day we went to Ha Long Bay. This is the most mystical and wonderful place where hundreds of great limestone stacks thrust out of the water creating a unique seascape. Vietnamese fishing boats and tourist junks sail in the middle of this strange marine maze and its true lye wonderful. We climbed to the top of one stack for great views and next day went into some deep caves.

Now
imageimageimage

Hanoi street market
we are in Siem Reap Cambodia and have been to see some temples ( but we are saving Angkor Wat for dawn tomorrow. Also went to an inspirational school for street children who are being housed and. Fed and taught English and art. The picture I bought was by a ten year old and better than anything I could do. Better get to bed as will be up at 4:30.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

imageimage
image

Ha Long Bay
imageimage
image

Ha Long Bay Boat
imageimage
image

Bayon Temple
imageimage
image

Temple carving
imageimage
image

Trees throttle temple
imageimage
image

More temple carving


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb