Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 15th 2012
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

service for a 1.5 hour flight on Bangkok Airservice for a 1.5 hour flight on Bangkok Airservice for a 1.5 hour flight on Bangkok Air

and domestic airlines say they don't even have time for drinks?
Today we travel to Siem Reap in Cambodia to see Angkor. Four of us from the Thailand tour continued on to this part. We took Bankgkok Air from Chiang Mai through Bangkok. This airline was pretty efficient. On a 1.5 hour flight to Bangkok then and hour flight to Bangkok, we received a full snack meal, drinks and even free beer. Wonder if we'll get that same service on Delta when we go to Atlanta? 😞)

Since this was a travel day, not much to say but we did arrive in Siem Reap and had some time to visit the Angkor National Museum. With incense in the air, this was very helpful for me to it reset some of my expectations about the ancient city of Angkor and the temples there. One thing that was really an "ah-ha" moment for me was to see 2 Buddha statues from the 4th-6th century with the hand raised stance each with a carved spiral circle in the palm. This looks just like the spiral circles in Celtic culture. I thought this was very interesting.

We went to the Aspara dinner show with a very large buffet of Cambodian food and a show of ancient Khmer dances (Aspara is actually the name of one of the dances). We had a little leaflet explaining the meaning of each dance. The food was good, the dancing better. After eating the Thai food for so many days, this is very much like I eat almost daily living in Chinatown so I was craving some good ole' western type food. The costumes were gorgeous, just like out of a movie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb