Welcome to Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
April 26th 2009
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Cambodia Late Monday evening, Jacqui & Steve's wedding anniversary. How good is that Breakfast in Saigon, dinner in Cambodia.
That is a memory they will never forget....
In Saigon we were waiting for a courier to deliver Jewelry that we had made that should of been delivered Sunday lunch time from Hoi An. It never arrived. The hotel staff we kind enough to ring the jewelers to see what had happened as every time I rang the hung up on me because they couldn't understand me. They assured us it had reached Saigon and the courier would have it there by the time we left on Monday.
5 mins before we left it hadn't arrived. The hotel staff had arranged for a driver to take it to the airport if it arrived before our flight left 2 hrs later.
You wouldn't believe it but it arrived by motor bike while we were at the airport, don't ask me how he knew where to find us as motor bike were not allowed up to the departures area, which meant he had to park 3 levels down and walk up and find us. Another $12 US later, plus a clip on Koala, a tip from me and later discovered a tip from Mark also, no wonder this guy looked at us strangely and must of thought these Aussie are loopy or loaded.

We fly to Siem Reap and get to our hotel about 6.30pm and Steve discovered they we missing a bag and it had been left at the airport. You may think how did this happened, but they had purchased some back packs for trekking while in Vietnam and it was a separate piece of empty luggage they had to carry, so we weren't really used to looking for them as they hadn't had them with them before. So in a "mild" state of panic, he took off back to the airport while we checked in to our rooms. Little did we know he took a ride in something similar to a Tuk Tuk. This was an experience in itself as he didn't know until returning home it didn't have any head lights. Apparently trying to get back in to the airport and explaining what had happened was a drama in itself. Mean while we were all wondering where he was as he took about an hour and half to get back. Her is poor Jacqui, her husband has just taken off with a stranger in a strange country on her anniversary, its dark and he is still not back.
When he finally did return to the relief of all we went out to dinner about 9.00pm at night.

We organized with our taxi driver a tour guide for the next day to see the sunrise at Ankor Wat and some other temples


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Brad's little friendBrad's little friend
Brad's little friend

This lovely girl kept Brad company while I had a facial...$6US for 1/2hr...facial that is......


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb