Friday July Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 18th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Siem ReapSiem ReapSiem Reap

Some of the streets flood after Long afternoon rains...
Today was a great day we signed up for a Cooks in tuk tuks, Kymer Traditional cooking class....Kim our tuk tuk driver and chef...motored us to the farmers market...NOT for tourist or travelers....and that was apparent.. He toured us through the market ...fruits and so many ginger and bamboo to boil bamboo sliced just bamboo everything....oh and so many different looking sweet potatoe and eggplant...fried spiders Woww...Not wanting to try it though...had enough of the bugs these days...Fish fermenting in jars and Red Ants....Cured and hanging Snake....pigs laying out in pieces with flys hahaha....lets just say this market would never pass Inspection....but it is what it is....we had a great morning...We went back to the River Garden Guesthouse and spent time with Samsuri our Lady chef and her assistant Yuki ....We made and have recipes to Banana Flower salad...but since we have no banana i think Cabbage will do...Minced pork and a potatoe Saga dessert....Not sure but i think Rice pudding is a good variation...but this recipe was wonderful...Anyway...We hardly did anything else...we were home by 2 pm and slept till 7pm..we called for in room massages but only one girl and one guy were available so i told isabella to go ahead and take the massage 90 minutes for an Aromatherapy massage followed with thai massage for Pennies...
I've been reading a Book about a young girl who speaks of the Revolutionary war...Very insightful...
i lost track of days and thought today was Saturday so tommorow which really is Saturday is when we will go to the Cello Concert for the childrens hospital....and the Mine Musuem and a few Wats......Some of the pics have the wrong headings on them Sorry...they got confused while uploading...i will try to correct them!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb