Siem Riep


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
June 5th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We finally had the luxury of a lay-in that hadn't involved us passing out the previous night, and it was oh so good! At around midday we got hungry and headed off for some lunch. A big fat burger and an enormous club sandwich later, we were pleasantly satisfied.

The next stop on our itinery was DHL. Mark really wanted to send home some photos along with the massive collection of 'tat' he had been steadily building! Similarly, Ollie had been carrying around a massive hammock since Goa and it really was just dead weight and a huge waste of space! Unfortunately DHL was closed and apparently only one guy works there and he is always busy according to the lady in the shop next door!

We decided to wait for a while and to amuse ourselves we took a wander around yet another market! DHL was still not open when we were finished so we cut our losses and headed to nearby bar for some pool and beer.

Feeling very tired and having endured such a productive day we headed back to the hotel for a little rest. After a nap and a quick shower we headed
Siem Riep main road!Siem Riep main road!Siem Riep main road!

Obviosuly still suffering from Sihanoukville, we walked past this elephant 6 times before we noticed it!
out forsome street pho. It was very tasty but also slightly sweaty!

In the latter part of the evening, we hit a few bars and got home pretty late, only to end up ordering some very dodgy room service!
Tourist day. The grand palace and Chinatown.

I felt very ill from the previous night and so only made the Grand Palace. It's pretty spectacular, but not really my bag. wont be rushing back for a third time!

I slept of my stomach pains, and when the others returned from chinatown, we had some street food and hit a live music joint called Ga-Zebos. It was awesome, but expensive. Worth it for a night I guess! We once again had more than a few beers, tried a bit of Sheesha at Kaveh's requested and had a really great time. Fudge befriended a local girl, and they spent most of the night dancing, not realising they were the only two dancing and that there actually was not a dance floor in sight.

The walk home was hilarious.... i was hungry again so decided to stop for some Phad Thai off a little lady on the street. Fudge needed to sit down and sat beside her husband. Next thing I see is fudge with a beer, and asking what his favourite song was; hotel califonia by the eagles. The four of us then sat and harminised the entire song; he knew all the words and sang it beautifully. I think Fudge and I were butchering it, but we had fun and I think they enjoyed it too. Great fun!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb