Beng Mealea


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Koh Ker
January 28th 2010
Published: February 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After our first day of running we were treated to a wonderful and most inspiring surprise! Camping in the jungle temple Beng Mealea was more than we could have asked for. While most of the temples in the Angkor area are either restored or under some sort of restoration progress, Beng Mealea has been left completely untouched. It is difficult to imagine what happened to such a beautiful and massive temple but time and the jungle has not been kind, life will prevail and nature had taken a strong foothold... Arriving just before sunset, we were gifted with the privilege of having the temple completely to ourselves. It was quite surreal and proved a soul recharging place for us, a perfect fitting to our first day out....

We camped near the 'police' station and had a wonderful first meal with Ms Alin. She is an amazing cook and served a feast of bbq and beef noodle soup and then we played Jenga with Mr. Slim until fatigue slammed us behind the knees and we begged off to our tent. We wandered around a bit but paid close attention to the paths. While the signs indicate the land mines have all been removed, we were not taking any chances.....

We fell asleep to the jungle sounds, exhausted physically but mentally charged up for the next day...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



4th February 2010

Just loving the updates, wonderful!!

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb